America's Nightmare-Young, Black, and Educated

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."-General George S. Patton, Jr.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Who will the Democrats choose?

Who will the Democrats choose? Just this week, Sens. Hiliary Rodham Clinton and Barrack Obama announced they were forming presidential exploratory committees. I am very intrigued by the Democratic candidates so far. There are a couple in there that I wouldn't mind seeing be their nominee. John Edwards, Clinton, and Obama all seem very impressive to me. Also, New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson just entered the race this morning. Who are the Democrats going to choose? I won't be voting in Ohio's primary election because I am not affiliated with either political party. I'm not 100% sure of who I would support for the Democrats. I know I would support Rudy Guiliani for the Republicans. The Democras have a tough choice ahead of them. Should they go with a former first lady who already has eight years of experience under one president or should they pick the new guy who's only been a U.S. Senator for a couple of years, or should they go with the man who got ripped off and had to settle for the vice presidential slot during the last election?

I have to be honest. I voted for Kerry/Edwards during the last presidential election only because of John Edwards being on the ticket. I wasn't really impressed with him and I felt he wasn't very good at articulating where he stood and he let the Republicans make a fool out of his service for his country. I definitley would have rather Edwards being the nominee. We all know that they didn't win and I just don't want to see the Democrats pick the wrong person again to lead the party. I think Edwards could have beat President Bush if he was the nominee for president instead of vice president, but I digress...

I, honestly, like Barrack Obama right now. He's young, articulate, and very intelligent. He comes across as someone who gets what the American people need. He understands what its like to struggle and he gets that. He's not just looking out for himself he seems to actually care about his constituents. I would have never guessed that Obama would have potentially been the nominee when I first saw him give his keynote address at the Democratic National convention in 2004. I did know that there was something about him. He had a spark that I hadn't seen in any current politicians. Whether or not he wins the presidency, he is destined for great things. Some people say he isn't very experienced, but really how important is experience for the presidency? Can someone ever have too much experience to be president? Who knows!!!

Well I encourage everyone to go out and listen to what each candidate has to say. Whoever is the next president will have a huge mess to clean up. I doubt Republicans would choose Guiliani, but he definitely would be who I would nominate if I was a Republican. The Democrats I am just not sure. I like Obama, Clinton, and Edwards, but most importantly I just think they need a nominee that can win! Who has what it takes to actually win? At this point I don't know.

I am America's Nightmare...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats