America's Nightmare-Young, Black, and Educated

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."-General George S. Patton, Jr.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

6 months on the job...

Well hello all I was sitting here thinking and realized I have been on the job for almost six months now. It's hard to believe its been that long. It really does seem like I just began my career a couple of weeks ago. One thing that is definitely true is that time flies when you begin working. Working 8-5 or more like 8-8 recentaly for me is exhausting. I thought life would be much better when you began to work. No school or homework which is something I couldn't wait to be done with. In all I miss it a little. Being so far away from my close friends is tough. Sometimes I wish I did live closer to them. Who knows I could decide to just up and leave columbus.

Anyways is anyone else tired about hearing about the presidential election. Yes this election is going to be very important, but aren't they all. We just got through a brutal election season and I like to take time away from it all before being ambushed with nonstop media attention on who will be running for president. They at least could have waited until after the new year before all this mess. Right now I am not worried about if Sens. Obama, Clinton, or McCain are running. I am trying to find a baby alive for my little cousin. She wants this crazy toy for christmas and of course its one of the hottest toys out. Which means its not in stores and everyplace on the internet is out of stock. My mom did say she saw one today at Wal-mart so hopefully my sister will go pick it up today when she gets off from work. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I am only working 4 days this week and then on Friday my christmas vacation begins. Yes, I am so ready and excited. It will be a great vacation. To those I haven't told I am going to Maryland for the new years. I have been saying I was going to go to MD for a while and never made it there so I decided to go and spend the new years with my friends and frat brothers. It should be good times. I am hoping to get to go to DC to look around. I have never been to DC so I am excited about the chance to possibly see the nation's capital.

Just in case I don't get to post again this week I want to wish everyone a Happy Holidays. Enjoy these days because you never know when it could be your last. God Bless to all. I am America's Nightmare...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats