America's Nightmare-Young, Black, and Educated

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."-General George S. Patton, Jr.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

1 week of vacation down, another to go...

Well I have made it back to Columbus after a week in the Middie! My trip home started off with attending my uncle's (my grandma's brother) funeral. It was very sad. I hate when family has to get together for funerals. It's really depressing. I felt really bad for my grandma. She broke down at the grave site. She has lost two of her brothers in the last year. That's one of the unfortunate things about life is dying. Imagine watching your brother or sisters being laid to rest. I only have one sister and I know it will be extremely tough if I ever have to do that.

My great aunt made her infamous caramel cake for the dinner following the funeral. It was the bomb as usual. If you all ever had it you would understand where I am coming from. This cake is infamous in my family and we lov eit when we get it.

During the week I was able to catch up and hang out with family and friends. I had more time this trip to visit some friends that I didn't get to see when I was home for Thanksgiving. It's great to go back home to visit, but I am seriously reminded that Middletown isn't the place for me to live. I have really out grown the city. I am grateful for where I grew up and will always claim Middletown, but it's good to get out and explore the world. That's what I am doing. Most of you know that I live in Columbus, Ohio now and I am sure I will probably moe in the next couple of years. Anyways the week at home was great and very relaxing. I got a lot of rest and am just sad that it flew by so fast.

Donald vs. Rosie!!! Has anyone been hearing/reading about there feud. It's amazing what rich people will fight about. I think Donald is using this to hype up the Miss USA pagent and the new season of The Apprentice. I agree with Rosie's initial statements about Donald. He definitely shouldn't be trying to be the moral compass of the world. Miss USA should have been fired. What 20 year old has to go into rehab? I was like is he serious. This must be a joke. Could Donald be racist and not want the winner up to take over the crown? The first runner up is black. I don't understand Donald, I am sure I never will, but he has to admit that he should be ashamed for allowing that girl to stay on as Miss USA. I definitley won't be tuning into that pagent. (It's not like I ever did).

The one thing I hate about the holidays is that everything is a rerun. It makes me sick. I love TV, probably too much, and want to see some new episodes of my favorite shows. I guess I have to suffer through one more week of reruns before new episodes come back to me.

Oh yeah I have to mention that I went to see Dreamgirls on Christmas Day! Let me tell you, that is truly a good movie. Jennifer Hudson and Eddie Murphy definitely made that movie. They both did a fantasic job. Overrall I think the whole cast did really good. I am still confused on why Beyonce is listed as starring in the movie when clearly she is just a supporting player. I don't recall her character saying much. If she didn't sing with the Dreams then she would be forgotten. She didn't deserve that golden globe nomination. Lead actress? yeah it's a joke. For those that seen the movie I am sure you agree that Jennifer Hudson is the lead actress in the film. Anyways I encourage everyone to go out and see this movie. It was very good.

Tomorrow I am leaving to go to Maryland for New Years. I am excited and it should be good times. I will post about this when I return. I am America's Nightmare...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats