America's Nightmare-Young, Black, and Educated

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."-General George S. Patton, Jr.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Soul Searching

Well for those who don't know I have started exploring my spiritual side again. All while growing up I was pretty active in the church. I was never made to go. It was my own choice. I enjoy going to church and learned a lot about myself. Well when I went off to undergrad I moved away from my spirtiual believing. I began to question many things that i had grew up learning about. I wasn't positive that everything that I had learned was in fact truthful. Ihad many doubts and questions. I spoke with a couple people about it and they told me it was normal for a college student to start questioning their beliefs. I decided, while in undergrad, that I was going to step away from religion and just go about things on my own. Do I regret the decision? No, it was time well spent and gave me plenty of time to think about many things. Which has recently led me back to going to church. I really am enjoying the church that I am attending and I feel like it was meant for me to go there. Many things was running through my head today during the service. Surprisingly, a couple people in the church spoke with me about finding the lord and becoming reconnected. It was weird that those peole spoke with me. It was like they were reading my mind. I think I am going to keep attending and getting myself reacquainted with my spiritual self. I will let you all know how it goes.


Well the first week of the job went well. It was only a four day work week. We got Friday off and then we have Monday and Tuesday off. Yes, five days off for the 4th of July holiday. Yes to that, and plus they are paid days off. gotta love being on salary.

This week marks the start of Big brother 7: All-Stars. Yes I am more than excited. Can't wait!


I have lost so much respect for Barbara Walters and the people at ABC for the way they did Star Jones-Reynolds. I know that I vented about it in my last post, but they are just foul for what they did. Could you imagine going into work for two months knowing that your contract wasn't going to be renewed and then haivng to face the world every day and not say a word to anyone. yeah sucks. She is better than me. I would have been talking right away. It just shows how professional Mrs. Jones-Reynolds is. I wish her the best in the future and gotta send her out a YO-Skeeeeeeeeee!

I am America's Nightmare...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats