America's Nightmare-Young, Black, and Educated

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."-General George S. Patton, Jr.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Too much going on...

Dang I have been forced to update with all that has been going on in the world.

First I was notified that Star Jones Reynolds was leaving the View. I was shocked. It has been speculated that since Rosie O'Donell was hired to replace Meredith Viera that Star was leaving but I really didn't think the View would want to lose two of their original co hosts at just about the same time. I guess I was wrong. Well the news kinda makes me upset. I really like Star Jones on the show. Even though she is BOUGIE, she has always come off as the most knowledgeable one of the co hosts on the show. She was always on point with her feelings about current events. Always she was articulate with how she felt and why she felt that way. I am definitely going to miss her on that show....Wait a second I am now a working man so I don't get to see the View anymore...so I guess its good that she is leaving. She can do better. I wish her the best in her future endeavors.

Also in the news, the Senate failed to get enough votes to pass the constitutional amendment for burning the american flag. How do I feel about this? I am happy and so what confused as to why our Senators are spending time debating on whether to make this a constitutional amendment. Do you really care if someone burns the american flag? Isn't it a form of freedom of speech if you do burn it? I just don't understand Congress. Why is the senate wasting time on this. yes I said wasting time! There are plenty of more important things that they should be discussing. How about coming to a consenus on raising the minimum wage or figuring out how the hell we are going to pay for this war in Iraq, and cutting taxes for the wealthy or should I say extending their tax credits that they received when President Bush came into office. AAAAHHHHHHH!!!! Yes this is me screaming in frustration with Congress. Let's hope the rest of the US and eligible voters agree and get these d@#& Republicans out of the majority.

Well I begin my new job this week. Things have been going well. I have just been doing orientation stuff. Nothing really exciting yet. Maybe later on this week. Oh yeah I did get some exciting news on my first day. We get this FRIDAY off!!!!!!!!!! Yes the firm made Friday apart of our 4th of July holiday weekend so we now will be off Friday plus Monday and Tuesday!!!!!!!! LOL I am so happy. Only work 4 days and get five off. The only thing that sucks is that I don't get another day off til Labor day. Oh well I love being on salary and getting paid holidays.

I have one more thing to vent about. How come every other sitcom's DVDs are coming out so fast and the Cosby Show is taking forever. I got season one last year and season two just recently came out a couple of months ago. It seems like they are moving slow. I look at other shows like Friends, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, and Living Single and it seems like it took no time for all their seasons to come out. I am enjoying Season two of the Cosby Show. From the grandparents anniversary episode to the episode when denise and vanessa get into a fight. I really enjoy the cosby show and I wish another tv show like it would come out. I need some good tv.

Speaking of good tv...Big Brother 7-All Stars premieres next week. Those that know me know I am a fanatic of that show. It has gotten me through the summer the past four years. I am excited. I will update more on that next week when I see if those that I voted for to make it into the house do. Go DANIELLE, MONICA, DIANE, MARCELLUS, JANELLE, KAYSAR, WILL.

okay i have vented enough...I am America's nightmare...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats