America's Nightmare-Young, Black, and Educated

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."-General George S. Patton, Jr.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Take responsibility for yourself

Ok look everyone I am 23 years old about to graduate from The Ohio State University with a Master's degree do you all really think I have time to deal with everyone else's trivial problems. It's time that everyone start taking responsibility for their own behavior and quit trying to blame others for their problems. It's funny how people are supposed to be adults, but no one wants to act like one.

Gosh it's funny that those who I don't even have enough contact with want to bring drama into my life. Well this is how it's going to go. I am not going to deal with it. I think it may be time to cut some people out of my life again. I am feeling like its the best thing to do. Everyone knows that I did this a few years ago and I believe it worked perfectly. Those who I felt were giving me too much unnecessary drama I cut off all communication with them. In time all those that I cut off eventually made their way back into my life, but it was time well spent apart.

I honestly feel like some people just need time apart after being friends for so long. If a friendship becomes a burden then you don't need to have that person as a friend. If a friend won't do things for you that you would do for them then you don't need them as a friend. Speaking of friends I don't think I actually have a whole bunch of people that are my REAL friends. I can count on two hands (possibly one) the number of people that I know will have my back regardless of the situation. They are the ones that I can call on if I truly ever need anything. To those wondering who those people are, I am not going to say. Those who are my friends don't need me to say it. They know who they are and if you gotta question yourself then you more than likely aren't a REAL friend.

Ok well I am off my soapbox now. I am America's Nightmare...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats