America's Nightmare-Young, Black, and Educated

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."-General George S. Patton, Jr.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Independence Day...

First, let me begin this post off wishing everyone a Happy 4th of July!! I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday. It's the last day off from this extended holiday weekend. I have enjoyed it. I am looking forward to only have a three day work week. It's really gonna suck when I actually have to work a full week! I am ready for it though.

Okay so the BET awards were last week. I didn't really enjoy them as much as the year before. Damon Wayans just didn't quite fit in as the host. They should go back to Will and Jada for another year. They were good last year and had great chemistry on the air. I have to say the best performance for this year has to go to Busta Rhymes and Company(Mary J. Blige, Will.I.am, Kelis, Lloyd Banks, Eminem, Papoose, Ra Digga, and Missy) Man they killed it on Busta's two songs. I was in my room hype. I bet it felt good being their for it. So Beyonce opened the show with her new song. I like Beyonce, don't get me wrong, but this new song just isnt' that good to me. Isn't one of her best and they should have just let Kelly release her album first. The show had a few glitches like TI's music getting messed up and the music during Yung Joc/Diddy performance. I really do enjoy the BET awards show though. It's my favorite awards show of the year. It's hard to believe that I only started watching the show last year. LOL I know I missed the first four awards show, but I have got my priorities together now.

So I have begun the apartment hunt. I have to find an apartment by August 31st or I will be homeless. I set up an appointment to meet this lady for an apartment for yesterday. Well she doesn't show up! Yes, I was pissed off at this. I couldnt' believe that she would actually do this. It was disappointing, but I am over it now. I look at a townhouse on Saturday and I am currently looking for other apartments. Hopefully I find something soon. I can't wait to have this completed so that I can move in and officially begin my journey into adulthood. I will keep you all updated on that.

So the hottest song out now has to be Sean Paul ft. Keyshia Cole-Give It Up to Me. It's my new ringer for my phone. Check out the video up above this post(Hopefully this works)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats