America's Nightmare-Young, Black, and Educated

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."-General George S. Patton, Jr.

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Random

Well I haven’t really felt like posting one of my thoughtful posts, so I am just going to keep it simple today. There has been a lot going on in the world. I’ve been wanting to post on everything, but I just haven’t had all the time to do it. So here we go.

Rosie O’Donnell is off The View. I was definitely upset that she left early, but I understand her reasoning. The View probably doesn’t realize it now, but Rosie helped that show get an edge. I vowed to never watch the show after Star Jones was fired, but starting watching again when Rosie started. She definitely added a spark to the show and I don’t know who they could get to fill that. They are going to have a hard time finding a replacement. The View might just be done!

I went home last weekend for the Memorial Day weekend and had a great time. I got to visit with friends and family. It was all time well spent. It had been five months since the last time I had been home, and I really did miss it. My hometown is a place that I would never live in, but I do like to visit. Well I guess if it wasn’t for my family being there, I probably wouldn’t’ ever go back. My hometown isn’t a place for those who have graduated college and are trying to start a career. It’s for those who want to raise a family, in a nice small town. I am glad that I grew up there, but I knew I wasn’t going to live there. I will probably go back next week to visit with my cousin who is coming home from the army.

Speaking of the army, I was talking to one of my friends and they said my cousin might get sent to Iraq. I was definitely not happy to hear this news. I have been adamantly against this war from the start. I never imagined that I could possibly have a family member that would have to fight this unjustifiable war. When the Iraq War began I thought for sure that one of my good friends would be sent there. One of my best friends, Dennis, was in the army when the war began. I was terrified that he would be sent over to fight the war. I believed I asked him a couple of times how he felt about the possibility of going to war. He told me that he understood when he signed up to join the army that going to war was a possibility. He seemed very content with what his fate could be. He was fortunate not to have to go, but now I am worried that possibly my cousin will have to go. I want this war to end and I want it to end now!

The other morning on Russ Parr Morning Show they were talking about dark skinned and light skinned women. I don’t think I have ever really paid that much attention to light skinned or dark skinned people. My twin sister is dark skinned and my mother is light skinned. I never thought one was better due to the color of their skin. I don’t really understand the hang up on this. It’s okay to have a preference on what you like, but to simply judge people on the basis of the color their skin is crazy. I was very surprised at some of the caller’s response. We, as black people, need to move on from this hang up.

Well that’s enough for today, I am America’s Nightmare…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats