America's Nightmare-Young, Black, and Educated

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."-General George S. Patton, Jr.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Positive May

I know everyone. I have been horrible about updating my blog. Tax season takes a lot out of you and I really just needed a break to concentrate on myself. This is my last long weekend off from work until Memorial Day weekend so I thought I should get back into the swing of things.
May is going to be a great month for me. I am currently in North Carolina. I watched three of my bruhs graduate from college yesterday. Also, this month is my birthday, Mother’s Day, and one friend of mine is getting married. May is definitely going to be a good month, so I decide to make May a positive month for me. So, if you are bringing negative energy, I won’t tolerate being around you. To many times people only look at the negative and I decided that this month I am focusing on the positive.

It’s a blessing just to wake up every morning, but some can’t even manage to put a smile on there face when they look in the mirror. I thought about being positive last week while attending church. The choir was singing this song about “getting up” and I thought about the times I didn’t want to “get up”. Life throws you numerous fast balls and you have to decide whether or not if you are going to swing at them or just ditch and dodge them.

Be thankful for all that you have achieved and/or accomplished in your lifetime. I know at times your life doesn’t go according to your plan, but its okay. Remember your life is not a fairy tale. There is nothing wrong with not going by the book.

I am planning on a positive May! How about you? I am America’s Nightmare…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats