America's Nightmare-Young, Black, and Educated

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."-General George S. Patton, Jr.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Racism still Exists

Like any normal day, I log on to facebook.com because I got an email saying that my friend Antoinette had written on my wall. I was very curious to what was written so I immediately signed on to facebook to see what she wrote. Well she posted this link to a website. I clicked on the link and was very surprised at what I went on to read. This is a direct copy and paste from the website.

" small town in texas that seems to relish in its violent racial past.
paris, texas is the home of the Paris Fairgrounds, a stage where thousands of white ’spectators’ would gather to burn and lynch blacks as if at some sort of carnival. today, it is a highly segregated town that has implicity dared anyone to question how it chooses to treat blacks that live in the area.
the facts:
1. “black parents have filed at least a 12 discrimination complaints against the school district with the federal Education Department, asserting that their children, who constitute 40 percent of the district’s nearly 4,000 students, were singled out for excessive discipline”
the paris public schools are under investigation by the U.S. Education Department
2. 19-year-old white man, convicted last july of criminally negligent homicide for killing a 54-year-old black woman and her 3-year-old grandson with his truck, was sentenced in Paris to probation
3. judge chuck superville sentenced a 14-year-old white girl, convicted of arson for burning down her family’s house, to probation
4. a 14-year-old black freshman, shaquanda cotton, shoved a 58-year-old teacher’s aide at paris high school in a dispute over entering the building before the school day had officially begun. she was tried in march 2006 in the town’s juvenile court, convicted of “assault on a public servant” and sentenced by the same judge chuck superville to prison for up to 7 years, until she turns 21"

I chuckled for a moment after reading the last one. You all are probably wondering why I chuckled. It wasn't because I thought what I was reading was funny. I was thinking this is funny that this still goes on in America and there are many that will swear that Racism no longer exists. What the hell was this judge thinking sentencing this 14 year old to 7 years in prison for pushing a teacher's aide. I am by no means condoning pushing an adult or suggesting that physical assault should be taken lightly, but come on. Enough is enough. This judge couldn't be thinking clearly if he thinks this warrants a jail sentence of 7 years.

For years and years African Americans have been experiencing injustice in the American justice system. You must be living under a rock if you think this is untrue. I guarantee you if you put a black and white man in front of a judge, and they both have committed the same crime, I bet nine out of ten times the black will receive a more severe punishment. I always have wondered why there are more a disporportinate amounts of blacks in prison compared to other races? It can't be that we commit more crimes. I know some of you are thinking, well the media only shows blacks in trouble. Well, if you think we are the majority of the ones committing crimes then you are crazy. I have seen and read on numerous occasions of blacks being unfairly treated. For years and years we were brutally attacked by the KKK and those adamantly against giving blacks civil rights and nothing was done to those that were killing and physically assaulting my people.

It truly sickens me that blacks still have to deal with this today. I am so outraged by this whole LaShaunda Cotton incidence. I plan on writing the Gov. of Texas and hopefully joining many who will do the same. I encourage you all to speak out against this madness. It's a shame that we still must face this injustice. Who knows when it could happen to you.

Racism still exists and anyone who thinks otherwise is CRAZY, DELUSIONAL, AND STUPID!!!

Check out this website and it will lead you to an address where you can write to the Governor of Texas to hopefully get this abuse of power stopped by this judge.
http://freeshaquandacotton.blogspot.com/

I am America's Nightmare...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats