America's Nightmare-Young, Black, and Educated

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."-General George S. Patton, Jr.

Monday, February 26, 2007

My thoughts...

Overrall, I thought Ellen did a very good job hosting. My favorite line had to be when she said, “Jennifer Hudson is here and America didn’t vote for her, but Al Gore is here and America did vote for him.” I was cracking up at that comment. However, I didn’t like that they changed the format of the show up. Usually the supporting actor and actress awards are the first ones announced. I was sitting at home in anticipation waiting on those awards and was wondering why they waited so long to announce them. Well anyways, 2 out of 4 ain’t bad. Congrats to all the Oscar winners especially Jennifer Hudson and Forest Whitaker. I get very excited when black actors/actresses win Oscars. I think their wins speak volumes to where the academy has come from. Many Black actors/actresses have been snubbed by the academy and it’s just a great site when we do win. (Did you know that the movie The Color Purple was nominated for 11 awards in 1985 and went home without any wins! Yes, I was shocked when I read this.)

Over the weekend I was shocked to read that Al Sharpton’s great grandfather was a slave to the late Sen. Strom Thurmond’s great great grandfather. Just proves how a small world this is. You never know who you could be connected to. It’s important black people that we find out about our past. I am still in the process of trying to find out information on mines. You never know who’s family you could be connected to.

I saw The Number 23 on Friday night and let me say that I didn’t like this movie. It was very crazy. I thought it was going to be this scary/horror movie and was left very disappointed. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. Don’t go and see it. I left the movie theater thinking what the heck did I just watch? The whole plot was a little twisted and the ending was just stupid. It’s just my opinion, but let me know if you think differently.

Okay so I took a 24 hour silence/break from the world from Saturday-Sunday and you would have thought it was the end of the world. People listen to this. When I say I am taking a day to just be by myself, I am not trying to offend anyone. Sometimes you just need a break. I enjoy my quiet time. That’s why I live by myself. It’s nice to come home and be in peace and quiet. My 24 hour break was just something I was doing for myself. I don’t always want to talk and be around people. It doesn’t mean that I hate you.

Good news to report. I have asked two people to be interviewed for my blog. Look for the first interview sometime later this week. I think this will be a nice addition to the blog. It will be interesting to see what some of my friends feel on certain issues and to see what issues they feel are most important to them. Be on the lookout for this.

Until next time I am America’s Nightmare…

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats