America's Nightmare-Young, Black, and Educated

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."-General George S. Patton, Jr.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Weekend Update

Ok so this has been a busy weekend for myself. I help out at an undergradate male retreat. It was very enlightening and i learned a lot being there just helpin out. I called off from work on Saturday night. It's my first call off this quarter and we get three. I figured I deserved it.

I had so much fun on my recent trip to NC that I am already trying to plan the next one. I am thinking maybe sometime in March. I haven't yet found a good date. It really just depends on exams and spring break stuff. Hopefully I can get down there cause there are something I need to see.

So has everyone heard the new song by BubbaSparxxx called Ms. New Booty. I think this is my new favorite song. I really am feelin the beat. I guess the ying yang twins do add a lot to the song. If you haven't heard it I suggest checkin it out.

To those who are thinking about going to grad school here are some words of advice. Make sure you aren't addicted to more than 3 shows on TV cause trying to keep up with my 10 favorite shoes each week take a lot out of me. It's valuable time that I could be using studying/homeworking but I just can never seem to pull myself from the TV.

Did everyone watch Grey's Anatomy after the Super Bowl. I really do love that show. It has to be my favorite show on TV at the moment. Those that do watch know that today will be the conclusion of the great episode that appeared after Super Bowl XL. I have been waiting all week in anticipation of the show. You know I think they are the only cast on tv that looks like America. By looking like America I mean in the diversity of the cast. No other show on tv (maybe ER) has a cast that isn't just all black or white or with a token white or black cast memeber. There is an Asian American, African Americans, Caucasians and they are all great actors and actresses. My favorite has to be Chandra Wilson. That's Bailey (She's incharge of the interns) for those who only know her character name. She is quite fun and provides great lines throughout every episode. Hopefully her husband doesn't die tonight.

Well nothing major goin on this week. On Wednesday the company that I will be working for is taking all the new hires out to dinner. Ain't nothing like a free meal. All you know how I feel about free. If it's free it's for me!

So I am thinking of giving up meat for a couple of months. Yeah I know I am not crazy, but I think it may help in the weight loss journey that I am going through. I am going to try it out for this week and then I will make the decison of whether not I can make it for a couple of months without meat.

Did anyone see the premiere of Kanye West's new video "Touch the Sky". I have to say i like the song and the video is spectacular. I may be overreacting but I do like it. Pam Anderson, Nia Long, and Tracee Ellis Ross are in the video. Yes those are some FINE looking women! Hopefully it gets voted on 106 and Park. I am really startin to fell Kanye.


Well this is America's Nightmare...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats