America's Nightmare-Young, Black, and Educated

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."-General George S. Patton, Jr.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

USA Today and Mrs. Alito

So today, like everyday, I go downstairs and pick up the USA Today. Much to my surprise on the front page was a picture of Judge Alito's wife crying! I was shocked and couldn't believe that she made the front page and that she was crying. I go on to read the article and they say that she was upset by the questioning her husband was receiving from Democratic Senators. It said that at one point during the confirmation hearing she had to leave the room, but later returned. Well should us americans feel sorry for her? Hell to da Naw! This was her husband's confirmation hearing. She didn't expect the questioning to be a walk in the park. If she couldn't handle the questioning then maybe she should have just stayed home. Her husband is being "interviewed" for a job as a US Supreme Court Justice that holds a lifetime appointment. Of course there are going to be tough questioning. Life most candidates for the supreme court, Judge Alito didn't say how he would rule if abortion was on the table, due to the recognition that it could possibly be a future case. But we all know how he would rule. He would want to overturn it. Democratic Senators grilled Judge Alito pretty well, but I doubt they will actual perform a filabuster to block his nomination. I am sure most, if not all democratic senators, don't want him to be a justice but will once again just sit back and let another Bush nominee slide through. I wish our Democratic Senators would stand up to the Republican majority and to just go along with the flow. Hopefully in the midterm elections later on this year America will get it right and turn both the House and Senate back to Democratic majority!

It's been a very busy week. I have been trying to work extra hours to make up for the weekend that I will be off when I go back to visit my undergrad school. I have a four day weekend and will be doing homework, working and just relaxing and enjoying life. Until next time this is America's Nightmare...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats