America's Nightmare-Young, Black, and Educated

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."-General George S. Patton, Jr.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Brokeback Mountain

So last night, a classmate and myself went to see Brokeback Mountain. I was wondering if this film was going to live up to all the hype that it has created. I have to say it is a good movie, but I definitely don't think it's one of the best movies I have seen. The story is very interesting. I don't want to give it away just incase you haven't seen it. I haven't seen any of the other films that have been winning awards. I asked my friend if she thought this film was better than the movie Crash, which I have yet to see. She said not a chance, but that this film is a totally different kind of film.

It makes me wonder if this movie had African-American actors if it would have received so much praise. I doubt it, but we all know how America works.

Well it's been a busy week. I have picked up an extra shift at work today so instead of working on homework all day I have to go to work. It's okay cause I need the money, since my trip to NC is in 6 days!!!!!!!! Yes I am excited to see my old friends at my undergraduate school. I have been wanting to get down there for awhile.

This weekend is going to be very boring, filled with homework and work so until next time this is America's Nightmare...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats