America's Nightmare-Young, Black, and Educated

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."-General George S. Patton, Jr.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Politics and Current Events

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/27/opinion/polls/main1350874.shtml

According to this new CBS poll, President Bush has hit a new all time low approval rating of 34%! Is this surprising? Not to me, but who really cares about the poll numbers anymore?!?! We have to deal with Bush for the next two years so telling us that his poll numbers are low doesn't really matter. I am not a big fan of the polls at anytime. I would rather do without them, but we all know it's something we will continue to hear until Bush is out of office.

Many of you know that Bush isn't my favorite person in the world, but I have come to accept him as our leader. I am sure Bush won't be the only president in my lifetime that I won't agree with. I just hope there aren't many that I have to live through!

Is anyone else excited that March Madness will be here soon! I really don't watch much college basketball but I do enjoy watching the tournament! I am rooting for Duke and Ohio State. As long as one of those two come out as National Champions I will be happy! Any other team is unacceptable! Go Blue Devils and GO BUCKS!


I have to admit. I am one of the few Americans who have decided to boycott American Idol until later on in the show maybe when they have about 5 or 6 contestants left. Why you ask? Because I really didn't think I saw anyone during the auditions that I could say was the next American Idol. Actually the only good singer that I do remember from the auditions is that girl who's grandma is Ann Nesby. I believe she is in the top 24! She was okay. I was hoping to find someone like Frenchie! Who you knew that she was going to win the comptetition before it even started.( I know Frenchie was kicked off and Rueben went on to win that season, but you all have to admit that she would have whopped Rueben hands down if she was able to compete in that season!) I just am over the entire American Idol bandwagon. But I guess I am one of the few cause the ratings for the show have been phenominal.

Okay I know I didn't mention this show in my last post cause I had yet to see the finale but did anyone catch Celebrity Fit Club 3???? Poor Countess Vaughan became the first contestant on that show to have a net weight gain after the 100 days. I felt bad for her. Hopefully they will get her to coe back next season. Overrall this was a good season. It has truly been a show that I can actually relate to since I am currently in the gym 4 times a week trying to get fit. I guess you can say I am goin through my own personal Fit Club!

One of my favorite shows returns to TV tonight. Amazing Race 9! I am rooting for Ray and Yoldanda (only because Ray in my frat brother) I am sure I will have other favorite teams in the coming weeks. I love this show and I am going to enjoy watching every minute of it.

alright that's enough for tonight, I'm America's Nightmare...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats