America's Nightmare-Young, Black, and Educated

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."-General George S. Patton, Jr.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Taking the next step in life...

Yea everyone I have been apartment hunting and I have decided on the apartment that I want. It's a two bedroom, washer/dryer, dishwasher, central air, 1 bath, basement, new carpet. Yes it's a nice place. The only thing is that utilities aren't included, and from what I hear they ain't no joke. I am excited, but nervous. I don't knwo what it is I am kinda afraid to sign a year lease. Everytime I think about it I get nervous. It's like that episode of the cosby show where Sondra and Elvin are going to sign their new mortgage for their house and Elvin has like this panic attack. I can sympathize with his feelings. It's like its a big step. I know you are probably saying you're not signing a mortgage. I know but its still a committment. Am I afraid to commit? I don't know? Hopefully this week I get the lease signed so that by the end of August I can move in. Yes, its a two bedroom so everyone can come visit.


Even though I haven't been doing much, it feels like so much has been going on. Many things cross my mind during the week to blog about but I just dont' have the time. Like take for instance this past week. It was my first full week on the job. I was excited cause it had been a long time since I had worked a 40 hour week. Well it wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be. I went in early two days out of the week and then I had to do work from home two nights. Yes, I probably worked over 50 hours this past week. I was not a happy camper. I couldn't wait til the weekend. I was very frustrated with the job, but I don't plan on any more weeks like that for a while.

I went to the movies friday night and saw Little Man. You talking about a very funny movie. I was rolling in the theater. I really enjoyed it. I needed that laugh after such a rough week at work.

With that said you know I know that I am a very good friend. People that I am friends with can definitley agree to that, but for some reason I been thinking about my relationships with some people and I think it is time to just be on a hi and bye bases and keep on moving. Some people just don't appreciate my friendship. It's like they take me for granted. I don't know if I am expressing this the right way but I don't know. Some people that have called themselves my friends I just don't click with anymore. It's mostly due to me realizing that they have a lot of growing up to do and I don't have time for childish games. People really need to grow up and take responsibility for their actions.

Also, I have another rant. Why is that people think that going around and sleeping with any and everybody is a good thing. That is so tacky and nasty. Ugh it makes me sick when people do that and then get mad when people just look at them like a slut. Or if they are treated like a slut or hoe. People need to be careful with who and what they sleep with. It doesn't make you look good to just go out and sleep wtih folks and then think people are supposed to respect you. You get the respect that you deserve.

Okay now that i have all that off of my chest, Big Brother 6 has been so good so far. Danielle survived last week. Yes, I was so worried that they were gonna vote her off. She made it through so I am very excited to continue to watch the rest of the season unfold. Can anyone else believe that it's almost August. Yeah this year is flying by.


I am America's Nightmare...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats