America's Nightmare-Young, Black, and Educated

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."-General George S. Patton, Jr.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Weight loss journey



This is a recent picture of myself. Taken last weekend. Take a look at the picture below this post. That was me approximately a year ago. As most of you know I started a wieight loss journey at the beginning of the year. For my entire college career I didn't do any kind of working out. I decided that after spending four years in high school working my butt off that I deserved a break. Well I now have come to regret that decision. I was probably in the best shape of my life while in high school and I went and ruined it by deciding that I should take some time off from working out. I don't think I will ever do that again. My weight loss journey has been very successful so far. I am down to about 255-260 lbs and I am hoping to lose about 25-30 more lbs. When I think back to where I was a year ago it makes me think what the hell was I thinking letting my body go to waste. I was just putting garbage in. I think you don't really realize how big your are until you see the pictures. When I look back at pictures of myself through my undergrad years I think damn why didn't someone clue me in to how FAT I was. I was really in denial. I have lost about 50-55lbs in between those two pictures posted. I am actually starting to like the way my body is looking. Getting back into the gym has been one of my best decisions this year. In about six weeks I will be moving home for the summer and will be without a gym membership. This is going to be the toughest because I am committed to staying fit so I think I am just going to run. It's going to be a long hot summer. I am not sure if running 3-4 times a week will work but I am going to try it out. I gotta get these 30lbs off so that I will be fully satisfied with my body. I won't go back to looking like the picture at the bottom of this post. I have come to far to just go back to that. I am America's Nightmare...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats