America's Nightmare-Young, Black, and Educated

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."-General George S. Patton, Jr.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Spring Break 2006

Well my final Spring Break has come and gone. For those who don't know, I went back to North Carolina to visit my undergrad friends and fraternity brothers. The break overrall was a great break. The weather wasn't the best, but I was with people I love hanging out with so that makes it all better.

I left on Thursday, March 16 to go. I bought a flight that left at 6am! Yeah I don't think i will ever do that again. Let me tell you the airport was packed with people when I got there. I guess a lot of people travel early. I thought for sure the airport would be empty. Well my flights went well and I was in NC by 10am.

After my front picked me up from the airport I went and ate lunch, talked to some old friends, and surprised some people with my appearance in NC. (I didn't tell very many people I was coming.) I, of course, spent most of my break chillin with my fraternity brothers. let me tell you it was good. We went down to Durham my first weekend there to visit one of my line brothers. It was great seeing him again. Mostly all my LBs were there. When we all get together it's always a good time. Mother Ifedi cooked us a great meal one night. (Mother Ifedi is another one of my LB's mother). Let me tell you that food was great. Spaghetti, salad and garlic bread. Yummy! After spending a great weekend in Durham it was back to High Point to relax.

We didn't really go out much, but we were clowning around every night. I had so much fun that I let my LB's talk me into stayin in NC until yesterday! I couldn't believe I actually let them talk me into that. I am definitely glad that I did stay. I got to hang out some more with my fraternity brothers and I saw a probate show. I really like probate shows. (No matter what organization is probating.) It was actually another chapter of my fraternity that probated so of course that was a good show. I have to say though, my chapter has been making themselves known throughout our province. It's great seein people that actually know who are chapter is. I am very proud of the work my chapter has done to make our chapter known throughout NC.

Yesterday was the big road trip back to Columbus. The trip took about 6 and a half hours. Not to bad. I was very shocked that my LB's offered to take me back to Ohio. When they offered I had to accept the offer. I don't get to hang out with my LB's as much as I would like to so I enjoy the time that I do get to hang out with them. I was orginally supposed to return to Columbus on Thursday. That was the day of my flight. Well of course after a talkin with my LB's they convinced me to stay. Now I usually would never do such a thing, but you know it was my last spring break and I wasn't going to be doing anything in Columbus. So I decided to stay in NC.

Overrall spring break was great. I got a lot of rest and relaxation. If you look below this post you can see some pictures that I took while on break. I will have another post in the next couple of days about my fraternity. So make sure you check back for that.

Until then I am America's Nightmare...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats