America's Nightmare-Young, Black, and Educated

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."-General George S. Patton, Jr.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Summer Blues

Well well well. It's been a while. Actually it's been almost two months since I have updated my blog. I know I am slipping. Gosh I feel like a lot has happened since my last post...where to begin.

Ok so I just completed a Full Body Detox from dherbs.com. I did this with a good friend of mine. We were on a strict diet with only being allowed to eat raw fruits and veggies, nuts, 100% fruit juice. Yes it was tough, and on top of the strict diet we had to take THIRTY FIVE pills of different herbs each day. Talk about a change. Now that I have officially completed the detox I have to say that it was a really good change for myself. I have never felt better. I am more motivated to hit the gym and am looking to make better eating choices. I fully recommend the DHERBS.COM full body detox to anyone who is looking to this. It's a healthy and easy way to clean out the toxins from your body and it's something that I think I will be doing once a year.

Can you believe that people are still trying to say President Barack Obama wasn't born in the United States? LMAO, hey people I had to suffer through EIGHT long years of President Bush so deal get over it. President Obama is our President and will be our President for the next three and a half years (hopefully with an additional four years). So many problems in the world and a small few are trying to make something out of nothing. Quit being a sore loser and get over it.

DC in two weeks. I can't wait! It should be good times. I don't really feel like I have done much this summer. I was on jury duty last week and have to go back next week for it. I have yet to get picked for a case and probably won't. It's very boring sitting there, but I have found some entertainment by watching my other fellow jurors and playing cards with some of them. Let's hope I get on a good case this week.

CNN has aired another portion of the infamous Black in America series. I have so much to say but I will leave that for another post. That should be my next post which hopefully I type up early next week. I am going to try and watch the series again and take notes because there are some things that I have forgot what was said. Be looking out for that soon.

I am looking to buy a new laptop here in the next two weeks. I have set a deadline for myself. I will have one by the time I get on the plane to go to DC on August 7th. I am getting either a Sony VAIO or an HP. I currently have an HP desktop and it has worked really well. I have had it for four years now. It's time to move on and become more mobile. Which brings me to my other news.

I am moving next month! Yes, I found a new apartment. I have lived in my current apartment for three years now and it is definitely time for a change. I didn't think I would live here that long but I am ready to go. As I type this I can hear the college students outside playing beer pong. Yeah it gets old especially on the weeknights when I have to get up for work and they have their music blasting. Surprisingly tonight no music is being played. Whatever I am over it and ready to go. I have had a roommate the last year and am ready to live on my own again. Nothing like living on your own. No more roommates until marriage. LOL and then we might even live separate. J/K...maybe.

Ok so much more to say but I don't want to make this blog post too long. I am going to update the blog this week with my thoughts on CNN's Black in America 2. Give me a few days...

I am America's Nightmare...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats