America's Nightmare-Young, Black, and Educated

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."-General George S. Patton, Jr.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

What's up?

Dang I really have been neglecting this blog. I used to be so good about updating this thing but have kind of falling off the bandwagon this last few months. I am going to try and do better here in the next few months. It's almost summer and there ain't much on TV so when I get home from work I guess I could try and update this thing more often. My goal is at least once a week. We will see what happens.

So my favorite show on TV right now has to be The Young and the Restless. Yes you read that correctly. I'm not ashamed to admit that I like soap operas. Growing up of course I was forced to sit through my summers watching soap operas because my mother and babysitters filled their afternoons watching them. I slowly feel in love with the Young and the Restless. I am so hooked to this show right now. Ashley Abbott is pregnant with Victor Newman's child and is being driven crazy by Victor's son Adam. I mean this story has been so good. I am loving Adam as the bad seed. Then there is my favorite older couple Katherine Chancellor and Patrick Murphy. I have loved those two's interaction and chemistry since Murphy found Katherine in the river/lake. I am so happy they married and am looking forward to them living happily ever after. If you like soap operas I suggest you put on your DVR/Tivo The Young and the Restless. It will remind you of the times when you were young and couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen next with the Newman, Abbott and Winters families.

I want to purchase a laptop. I want a MAC but I have been told that I probably shouldn't spend all that money on one since I won't be editing music or producing videos and stuff. So I have now began looking into an HP laptop. I have an HP desktop computer and it's nice. I bought it in 2005 right before I went to grad school. It's time for something new and by the end of the summer I will have a laptop. Mark my words. I may own one in the next week or so. LOL.

Savings money is so hard to do. Let me tell you, during these tough economic times I am trying to be better about saving. My best friend and I have decided to save a nice percentage of our salary during the summer months. This is a trial period for us. Depending on the success of it we might continue it for the rest of the year. WE will see.

Oh and I need something to do for the 4th of July! I refuse to sit in Columbus and do nothing. Think of something fun to do for me! Help people!

Oh yeah I am setting up a twitter account this week. Maybe today but that depends on if I feel like it. Facebook is so annoying to get on and I am ready to join the twitter family. I will let you all know when I get my twitter set up.

Until next time I am America's Nightmare...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats