America's Nightmare-Young, Black, and Educated

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."-General George S. Patton, Jr.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

His Story

I woke up. Dazed and confused. I think what the hell is going on. Why am I laying on the bathroom floor? Just a second later I get a whiff of this disgusting smell. I was lying in throw up! How the hell did this happen. I jumped up and immediately grabbed the towel that was laying on the bathroom sink. I began to try and remember how I ended up this way, but my mind was playing tricks on me. The last thing I recalled was getting up and going to work that day. After that everything else was fuzzy. Why couldn't I remember? Me the stable, smart, intelligent, kid less, young black man had no idea how the hell I had ended up this way...

I walked out the bathroom and straight into my bedroom. My suitcase was lying on the bed open, as if I was about to go somewhere. I couldn't recall where I was on my way to. It just didn't make sense. I have a job and not just any job. I work for one of the most prestigious firms in the country. Suddenly it hit me, yesterday was supposed to be a big day for me. I was going to show the firm that I was a big asset to them. I can't even remember what happened though. What the hell is wrong with me!

After examining my bedroom further to see if anything else was out of place, i moved on to the living room. My new furniture was destroyed. My glass tables were shattered. This is the first time that I thought I could have been robbed. Wait that couldn't be the case. That's when I glanced over and noticed an opened empty bottle of grey goose. I went over to the counter and picked up the bottle. Why can't I remember whet the hell happened to me yesterday. Then there was a knock at the door. Who the hell could it be. Maybe they would have some answers for me.

I was nervous thinking about who it could be at my door. They knocked again and it startled me. I went over to check out the peep hole to see who it was. I was relieved that it was my best friend. I eagerly opened the door and the look on his face said it all. I told im to come on in. He stated, "Last I saw you you were in bad shape, and I figured I needed to see if you are alright." I replied, "Well I woke up in throw up and can't remember anything from yesterday." He smirked and said, "You mean you don't remember anything from yesterday?" I shook my head no. "Well you f@#ked up big time! You have a lot of explaining to do! Now we need to talk about yesterdays events." he explained.

I am America's Nightmare...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats