America's Nightmare-Young, Black, and Educated

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."-General George S. Patton, Jr.

Monday, November 19, 2007

Brothers how many of us have them?




As most of you know, I only have one biological sibiling. It’s my twin sister. As a kid, I always wondered what it would be like to have a brother. Whether he was my big or little brother I always thought it would be cool. I imagined my big brother would be like Theo Huxtable and my little brother would be like little Richie from Family Matters. I know I was definitely living in a fantasy land but hey what’s a kid to do.


Before entering college I had no desire to join a fraternity. I figured I didn’t need anyone being my “brother”. I had made it already 18 plus years on my own. My fantasy of having Theo or Little Richie as my brother had all but faded. I never would have guessed that I would end my college career with many more brothers than I began with.




Those brothers that I am referring to are my frat brothers, but I’m not referring to them as a whole. I have thousands of frat brothers across the world. The brothers that I am referring to are my line brothers. My line brothers (LBs) will forever be the brothers that I dreamt of as a child. No we aren’t biologically related, but we share a bond that only the eleven of us understand. We fight like brothers. We party like brothers. Most importantly, I love those guys as if they were my biological brothers. We have had our shares of disagreements, but at the end of the day I know they will forever have my back.


So this goes out to my line brothers. I want you all to know that I appreciate you all and you are the brothers that I always dreamt of. Thanks for all the wonderful memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats